The Ruby Short Story Contest and Sweepstakes (“The Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (including District of Colombia) and Canada (void in Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their respective jurisdictions at the time of participation (but who in all cases must be 18 years of age or older). Void in Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
The Ruby Short Story Contest and Sweepstakes begins on February 9, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 11, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”).
How to enter:
Contest : You first must register at ruby.winwithamd.com during the Promotion Period. Registration is free of charge. Then in Two Hundred and Fifty (250) words or less, write a story about Ruby (the “Story”) and submit it on the site by April 09, 2009 at 10 a.m. ET. Stories must be in the English language; stories in any other language will result in disqualification. Stories with more than 250 words will not be eligible.
Sweepstakes: During the Promotion Period, visit ruby.winwithamd.com (the “Site”) and locate the “register” link. Registration is free of charge. If you have not already registered, complete and submit the registration form. You will receive one (1) entry in the prize draws for completing registration. Once you have registered, you may receive additional entries, as set forth below:
- LOG IN TO THE SITE. You will receive one (1) Entry each day you log in to the Site during the Promotion Period. Entries received for logging into the Site are limited to one (1) entry per registered user per day of the Promotion Period to a maximum of Ninety-two (92) additional entries for site log-in during the Promotion Period.
- INVITE A FRIEND EMAIL. Click on the “Invite a Friend” link on the Site. During the Promotion Period, you may submit the names and email addresses of a total of up to ten (10) friends who must be eligible to enter the Promotion. Each person that you refer will receive an email solely notifying him or her about the Promotion. The email may identify you as having recommended that the email be sent. You may only refer persons with whom you have an existing relationship and from whom you have received permission to provide their email addresses to Sponsor. For each referral which complies with the above requirements with a valid and unique email address, you will receive one (1) entry (limit 10 additional entries). In addition: 1) for each referral who visits the Site during the Promotion Period using the link contained within the email, you will receive one (1) entry, for a total of up to ten (10) additional entries; and 2) for each referral who visits the Site and registers for the Promotion during the Promotion Period, using the link contained within the email, you will receive five (5) entries, for a total of up to fifty (50) additional entries. You will not receive additional entries for inviting the same friend more than once.
- PERSONAL LINK. You will receive up to a maximum of fifty (50) Entries for directing third parties to the Site via your personal web link. To retrieve your personal web link, click on “Personal Link” in the ‘Entry Checklist’ box. The distribution of your personal web link is at your discretion, subject to the following: the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel and void any Personal Link and all associated Entries which it deems, in its sole discretion, to be used or associated with content which is deemed inappropriate. Without limiting the foregoing such content includes all forms of pornography, inappropriate language and content that incites hate, is demeaning, depreciates the value of the Sponsor’s brand name, or incites discrimination in any and all forms. You may wish to post your link, by way of example, on instant messenger, blogs, message boards and personal web pages or in emails. Each time a person is directed to the Site using your personal web link and registers with the Site you will earn five (5) additional Entries up to a maximum of fifty (50) additional Entries. You will not receive additional Entries for the same person using your personal web link to visit the Site more than once.
- SIGN UP TO RECEIVE AN EMAIL NEWSLETTER FROM AMD. You will receive Five (5) Entries if you sign up to receive email communications from the Sponsor. Entries received for signing up to receive email communications from the Sponsor are limited to a total of Five (5) per registered user during the Promotion Period.
- SIGN UP TO RECEIVE AN EMAIL NEWSLETTER FROM SMOOTH CREATIONS. You will receive Five (5) Entries if you sign up to receive email communications from Smooth Creations. Entries received for signing up to receive email communications from Smooth Creations are limited to a total of Five (5) per registered user during the Promotion Period.
Two Hundred and Twenty Three (223) Entries per person during the Promotion Period regardless of method of entry.
Three unique entries per person in the Short Story Contest during the Promotion Period.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- Five (5) winners of the random sweepstakes draw will each receive an ATI Radeon™ 4670 Graphic Card (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $74.99).
- Five (5) Finalists for the Ruby Short Story Contest will each receive an ATI Radeon™ HD 4830 graphics card (ARV $119.99).
- One (1) Grand Prize Winner of the Ruby Short Story Contest will receive a Smooth Creations desktop gaming PC Package (ARV $3,899.00).
Total ARV of all prizes:
For a list of winners or a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Ruby Short Story Contest and Sweepstakes c/o Launchfire Interactive Inc. 200 Isabella St. Ottawa ON K1S 1V7 no later than July 10, 2009.