How To Enter : Go to the website http://scavengerhunt.kentuckytourism.com and follow the onscreen instructions
Eligibility : To be eligible to participate in the Great Kentucky Scavenger Hunt, you must be: (a) a legal resident of the United States of America; (b) be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of your registration to participate in the Great Kentucky Scavenger Hunt; (c) be a Registered User; and (d) provide accurate and complete registration information.
Timing : The scavenger hunt promotion will run from July 1, 2010 to August 12, 2010.
Up to ten (10) total entries can be earned by each participant in the Great Kentucky Scavenger Hunt as follows:
- Register: Get one (1) official entry into the drawing just for signing up.
- Share on Facebook: Get two (2) additional entries into the drawing by electing to share your progress on Facebook.
- Share on Twitter: Get two (2) additional entries into the Sweepstakes drawing by electing to share my progress on Twitter.
- Share via E-Mail: Get two (2) additional entries into the Sweepstakes by sharing the Sweepstakes with friend(s) via E-mail.
- Find all icons quickly: The first three people each week (weeks running Sunday-Saturday) to find and click on all of the icons will each receive two (2) additional entries. Participants who register on any given week are only eligible for this “Leader Board” bonus during the week of our registration period.
- Find all icons: Every participant who successfully finds all of the icons before the scavenger hunt ends will get one (1) additional entry.
There will be five (5) Grand Prize Kentucky Vacations awarded. Only one (1) Grand Prize Kentucky Vacation will be awarded per participant. All winning participants will be selected via a random drawing. The five (5) Grand Prize Kentucky Vacations are described below:
1. Arts, Horses and History for Two Blue Grass Tour
Stay in beautiful historic Inns and enjoy a creative immersive tour and adventure-packed four days and nights in Kentucky’s beautiful Blue Grass Region. Package includes:
- 2 night stay at the historic Boone Tavern Hotel and Restaurant in Berea, the Arts Capitol of Kentucky.
- Gifts in your room and breakfast in the Boone Tavern Restaurant both mornings.
- $100 dinner gift certificate to the Boone Tavern Restaurant.
- Personalized tours of The Boone Tavern Hotel and The Berea College Campus.
- Make your own ornament at the Glass Studio in Michelle Weston’s glass blowing workshop.
- Admission for two and gift certificate to Shakers Village of Pleasant Hill.
- 2 night stay at the historic boutique hotel, The Gratz Park Inn, in Lexington, the Horse Capitol of The World.
- Admission for 2 to Lexington’s Tour of Historic Homes and the Kentucky Kentucky Horse Park.
- Tickets for two for the Thoroughbred Heritage Horse Farm Tour.
- $100 dinner gift certificate to Lexington’s Jean Farris Winery and Bistro.
2. Unbridled Appalachian Mountain Adventure
You and your outdoors loving companion will enjoy this two day rock-climbing adventure at the True North Inn a hostel, restaurant and adventure guide service all-in-one located in the beautiful Appalachian mountains of Eastern Kentucky. Experience the unparalleled adventure of Kentucky’s nature trails, towering mountain views, and stunning 26,000 acre Red River Gorge. Package includes:
- Two nights stay for two in the private deluxe room at the True North Inn.
- Two morning breakfasts for two at the True North Inn.
- One dinner for two at the True North Inn.
- True North Inn Souvenir t-shirts.
- Half day guided rock climbing excursion for two to the Red River Gorge.
3. Family Fun in the Land of Caves, Lakes and Corvettes
Get your family of four ready for four days of action as you relax, play and explore the many man-made and natural wonders of Kentucky’s Land of Caves Lakes and Corvettes. Enjoy a four-night stay at the Barren River State Resort Park and explore all the family fun the Bowling Green area has to offer. Package includes:
- Four night stay at the Barren River State Resort Park.
- $100 Gift Card valid at all Kentucky State Parks.
- Family pass to the National Corvette Museum.
- Four tour tickets to the famed Mammoth Cave National Park.
- Four admissions to Kentucky Down Under and Kentucky Caverns.
- Four day passes to the Beech Bend Park and Splash Lagoon (must be 54” or taller).
- Four tickets to the Lost River Cave & Valley.
- Four admission tickets to Dinosaur World.
- Four admission tickets to The Kentucky Library and Museum.
- All aboard The Historic RailPark Train Museum & L&N Depot (includes admission and 20% gift shop discount).
- Family Pass to Diamond Caverns.
- VIP Family Pass to American Cave Museum & Hidden River Cave.
- One Free Single Cake Cone or Dish at Culver’s of Bowling Green.
4. Sailing, Pottery and River Town Relaxation in Kentucky’s Western Waterlands
Celebrate your friendship or romance on a four-day getaway to Kentucky’s scenic Western Waterlands. Park your car and enjoy Paducah’s museums, restaurants and river attractions. Then hone your sailing skills and relax on a two day adventure on Kentucky Lake. Package includes:
- 2 nights stay for two adults at the Fox Briar Inn at River Place in historic, downtown Paducah.
- $75 gift certificate for dinner at Paducah’s popular Max’s Brick Oven Café.
- 2 Guest Passes to Paducah’s National Quilt Museum and River Discovery Center.
- Creative Ceramic Art Workshop for two with Michael Terra at the Terra Cottage in Paducah.
- 2 nights in a one bedroom cottage at the picturesque Lighthouse Landing on Kentucky Lake in Grand Rivers.
- 4 hour sailing lesson at Lighthouse Landing Sailing School, an award-winning American Sailing Association Certification Facility – includes Full Day Sailboat Rental subject to availability.
- $75 dining gift certificate to the “don’t miss” Patti’s 1800’s Settlement in Grand Rivers.
5. Extended Louisville Week-end Getaway and Bourbon Country Day Trip
When the two of you take off for a much-deserved three-day get away to Louisville, you’ll enjoy 4-Diamond lodging at the Seelbach Hotel, Louisville attractions and a day trip to Bourbon Country that includes a personalized tour of the Jim Beam Distillery and a scenic luxury dinner railroad ride. Package includes:
- Three consecutive- night stay at the Seelbach Hotel, Louisville’s 4-diamond luxury hotel on the National Register of Historical Places.
- Breakfast for two three mornings in Otto’s Café, the Seelbach Hotel’s 1920’s-style café.
- Tickets for two to the Kentucky Derby Museum and the Behind the Scenes Tour of Churchill Downs.
- Two complementary passes to the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory.
- Mohammed Ali Museum.
- $100 Louisville Originals Gift Card valid at participating Louisville Restaurants.
- VIP Tour and Exclusive Tasting at The Jim Beam Distillery in Clermont.
- An elegant dinner for two aboard My Old Kentucky Dinner Train in historic Bardstown.