Star Wars fans! It’s your turn to go rogue! You are invited to create your very own “Rogue Stories” to celebrate the highly anticipated “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” movie. Upload a 2-minute Rogue One-inspired video at StarWars.com/GoRogue and you could win a trip to San Francisco to attend a screening of “Rogue One” and see your short story on the big screen.
Each of the three lucky fans will receive a 4-day, 3-night trip for two to San Francisco, California to attend a screening of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story where their video will be premiered ahead of the Screening. Each trip package includes round-trip airfare for two to San Francisco, hotel accommodations for 3 nights, passes to the Screening, visit to Rancho Obi-Wan, a Star Wars Toy Prize Pack and more.
Upload you video starting on September 30th and May the Force be with you!
Tell Your Rogue Story At StarWars.com/GoRogue
During the Submission Phase of the Contest, create a video of no more than 2 minutes in duration depicting an original story pertaining to Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Those who want to use music or scene background images in their videos are encouraged to use the ones provided with an asset pack available for download via the Website. The asset pack includes Lucasfilm music, two artwork backgrounds, and more. You may download the official asset pack here.
Once your video is ready, visit www.starwars.com/gorogue then, follow the instructions to upload your video and register for the Contest. Also, you will be required to provide a title and description of your video prior to entering the Contest.
Starting on October 24th, a panel of judges will score all eligible submissions based on the following criteria:
- A clear grasp of animation and/or filmmaking as an art form (20%)
- Quality of storytelling (20%)
- Character development and character design (20%)
- Originality (20%)
- Overall entertainment value (20%)
The Submission Phase begins at 12:00 p.m. PT on September 30, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on October 21, 2016.
The Judging Phase will run from 12:00 p.m. PT on October 24, 2016 through 11:59 p.m. PT November 11, 2016.
Star Wars Go Rogue Contest Details
- The Star Wars Go Rogue Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), Australia, and New Zealand who are 13 years of age or older.
- The Contest Period begins at 12:00 p.m. PT on September 30, 2016 and is scheduled to end at 11:59 p.m. PT on October 21, 2016.
- Each contestant may submit only one video during the entire Submission Phase.
- This Contest is sponsored by Disney Online and administrated by LeadDog Marketing Group.