The Rust-Oleum “Out of This Universe” Contest is open to legal residents of the United States including the District of Columbia, but excluding Vermont, Maryland, North Dakota, and Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law. Contestants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older in order to participate. Employees of Rust-Oleum Corporation (“Sponsor”), and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and such employees’ immediate family members and/or persons living in the same household are not eligible.
The Rust-Oleum “Out of This Universe” Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:01AM Central Time (CT) on June 30, 2008 and ends at 11:59PM CT on September 30, 2008 (the “Contest Period”).
How to Enter :
Visit rustoleumuniversal.com and complete the registration process to enter. 2) Upload your picture/s or video and submit a project description of no more than 250 words (the “Entry”) describing Universal Spray Paint’s next generation capabilities, and how the project improved your indoor and/or outdoor home space. Entries will be housed on the rustoleumuniversal.com website where viewers can rate and share the Entries. If approved, each entry will also be posted to a Rust-Oleum “Album” on Webshots and to the Rust-Oleum “Channel” on YouTube.
By completing the registration and uploading your photo(s)/video, you agree that your photo(s)/video conforms to the Video Guidelines and Content Conditions/Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Conditions/Restrictions”) and that Sponsor may remove your photo(s)/video if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your photo(s)/video fails to conform to the Guidelines and conditions/Restrictions in any way, in which case you shall be disqualified from the Contest.
- Videos must be in one of the following formats: .avi, .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, .qt, .mp4, .flv, .ram, .ogm, .mpeg4, .mp4v, .mpe, or .mkv.
- It must be no less than twenty-five (25) seconds in length or longer than 5-minutes in length.
- The Video cannot have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or exhibited or previously displayed publicly through any means.
- Each Photo(s) must be no larger than four (4) Mb;
- The Photo(s) must be in .jpeg or .gif format;
- The Photo(s) may be color or black and white;
- The Photo(s) cannot have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means previously.
- By submitting photo(s)/video, each participant in the contest warrants that the material he or she submits will be in all respects their original work of authorship. However, if the photo(s)/video depicts third party copyrighted materials, the contestant must submit a license or other permission from the copyright holder, sufficiently broad enough to permit all of the uses which Sponsor may make of it. If anyone makes a claim against Rust-Oleum concerning a particular entry for copyright infringement or otherwise, such entry will be disqualified and the participant who submitted that photo(s)/video will defend and indemnify and hold Rust-Oleum harmless from any such claim.
- All individuals appearing in a submitted photo(s)/video must be the Entrant, or if other people appear in the photo(s)/video the Entrant must be able to prove, upon request, that the other people have approved and released use of their image.
- Entry photo(s)/video become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- The photo(s)/video must not display content that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The photo(s)/video must not contain third party brand names or trademarks. Clothing worn in the photo(s)/video should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party materials.
- The photo(s)/video must not contain material that is hateful, tortiuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- The photo(s)/video must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The photo(s)/video must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the photo(s)/video was created.
- Entrants retain the copyright to their photo(s)/video, and all rights thereto, except as follows. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree that Sponsor has the right to use the photo(s)/video for any lawful purpose it chooses. It will not license the photo(s)/video to any other legal person for a fee, however.
- In the event that ownership of any photo(s)/video submitted is contested in any manner, Sponsor will disqualify that entry. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
- If, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Entry appears to have resulted in any injury or bodily harm, it will be rejected.
- Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights.
- Any Entry not in compliance with the above and does not meet the Websites’ requirements will be disqualified.
One entry per personn.
There will be One (1) Grand Prize winner. Winner will receive a family trip for four (4) to Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Grand Prize trip includes round trip airfare for four (4) people from the major United States airport nearest to Grand Prize Winner’s home, hotel accommodations at Coco Beach, car rental, tickets to a real NASA Shuttle launch for four people, and $2000 cash spending money. In the event a winner lives within a 100-mile radius of the destination city, car rental will be provided and no additional compensation for airfare will be made. Grand Prize winner may also choose one of the following two different entertainment packages:
Package 1: Participate in the popular 2-day Family Astronaut Training Extreme (ATX) Program (children must be between the ages of 8 and 14). This package also includes a guided tour of Kennedy Space Center and lunch with an astronaut. http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/
Package 2: After you experience the Shuttle launch at Kennedy Space Center you can experience Orlando in a whole new way with the Go Orlando Card. This card gets you into over 50 of the best attractions in and around Orlando. Tailor your own custom itineraries, allowing each person to do what is most fun for them. And with unlimited flexibility, you can change your plans on the fly. Here’s an overview of what’s included:
Interactive Experiences: Kennedy Space Center, Daytona 500 Experience, Gatorland
Fun Attractions: Cypress Gardens Adventure Park, Fun Spot Action Park, Splash Island Water Park
I-Drive Activities: Ripley’s Believe it or Not, WonderWorks, Haunted Grimm House
Choice Miami Attractions: Seaquarium, Jungle Island, Miami Duck Tours, Island Queen Cruise
BONUS: Your choice of Arabian Nights Dinner Theater , Pirate’s Dinner Adventure , The Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show or Wet N Wild
Plus: Hawaiian Rumble Golf, Train Land, Silver Springs Nature Park, Airboat rides and over 30 more great attractions.
Total ARV of all prizes :