This promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States of America.The laws in some places don’t allow Lonely Planet to run this promotion, in which case the promotion and these conditions of entry are void in those places. Also, you can’t enter this promotion if you (or your immediate families or housemates) are employed by Lonely Planet, The Weinstein Company, The New York Timesor their subsidiaries and affiliated companies. If you are under 18, you have to get permission from your parents or legal guardian to enter.
You can enter between12 am PST on August 4, 2008and 11:59 pm PST on September 15, 2008.
How to enter:
To enter, go to www.lonelyplanet.com/barcelona and complete an entry form. You don’t have to buy anything to enter. You can only enter once we’ll make confetti out of any extra entries you submit. Your entry is received at the time Lonely Planet receives it. If your dog eats your entry, it’s not Lonely Planet’s fault. If your entry gets lost in cyberspace or doesn’t arrive for any other reason, that’s not Lonely Planet’s fault either. Lonely Planet might have to change the dates of the promotion, but only if it’s totally unavoidable (and we’ll let you know if we do).
Limit one (1) entry per person, wireless number and/or email address, regardless of the method of entry.
First prize consists of:
- An STA Travel Voucher to the value of US$2000, to be used towards the airfare for your trip to Barcelona (provided by Lonely Planet). This voucher is valid for two thousand US dollars (US$2,000) for the purchase of return flights to Barcelona. Remaining balance may be used toward any STA Travel product or service. Winner is responsible for all taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges. One voucher per person per transaction. Voucher must be present at the time of booking. Voucher may be redeemed at any STA Travel location in the United States or by calling (800) 781-4040. The voucher is valid until 1 September 2009, and travel must be completed no later than 1 September 2010.
- A Hotels & Hostels acommodation voucher to the value of US$500 (provided by Lonely Planet), to be used to book any directly contracted Expedia hotel in Barcelona indicated by “Pay in full online” (excluding Harrahs, MGM, Starwood or Marriott hotels), on www.hotels.lonelyplanet.com.
- A Viator Gift Certificate to the value of US$500 to be used towards tours and activities (provided by Lonely Planet). Gift certificate is valid for 2 years from date of issue. Conditions apply, which will be notified to the winner at the time the prize is awarded, together with instructions on how to redeem the gift certificate.
- Lonely Planet guidebook pack to the value of US$75
The total value of the first prize is approximately US$3,075.
Ten second prizes consisting of:
- Lonely Planet guidebook pack to the value of US$50; and
- A pair of Vicky Cristina Barcelona in-season movie passes (available for use at the winner’s nearest participating theater) and the official movie soundtrack (approximate retail value US$30, provided by The Weinstein Company).
The total value of the second prizes is approximately US$800.
Total ARV of all prizes: