Eligibility : The Crate and Barrel Ultimate Wedding Contest (“Contest”) is open to two-person couples, each member of which:
- Is a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (excluding Vermont and North Dakota) or the District of Columbia; and
- Is 21 years of age or older at the time of entry; and
- Is engaged to be lawfully married to the other member of the couple at the time of entry (for purposes of these Official Rules the term “lawfully married” also includes couples who intent to unite in a commitment ceremony; “wedding” includes commitment ceremony; and “bridal registry” includes commitment registry), and
- Is engaged to be lawfully married to the other member of the couple at the time of entry for purposes of these Official Rules the term “lawfully married” also includes couples who intent to unite in a commitment ceremony; “wedding” includes commitment ceremony; and “bridal registry” includes commitment registry), and
- Is ready, willing and able to be lawfully married on a date specified by Sponsor on or before December 31, 2010 (or if a written extension is granted by Sponsor, on or before February 15, 2011), in a wedding arranged by a Wedding Coordinator as set forth below, and potentially broadcast on the Internet and otherwise publicized; and
- Has, along with the other member of the couple, created an eligible bridal registry at crateandbarrel.com ( “Website”) subject to the requirements as listed in these Official Rules; and
- Is of good moral character, has never been convicted of a crime of any nature (other than a misdemeanor that did not involve personal injury, drugs or alcohol), and has nothing in his/her background that would be an embarrassment to Sponsor should the couple be selected as the winner of the Contest; and
- Is willing to undergo a background check conducted by Sponsor’s agent and to sign all requested waiver, consent and authorization forms authorizing the release of personal and background information for the purpose of such background check; and
- Is willing to comply in full with these Official Rules and all other terms and conditions of the Contest (available at http://www.crateandbarrel.com/ultimatewedding or upon request from Sponsor); and
- Is not excluded from eligibility by these Official Rules and/or the other terms and conditions of the Contest; and
- Must be able to make the necessary time commitment to plan, promote and participate in the wedding before, during and after the actual ceremony; and
- Is willing to be married outside of a religious dwelling.
Promotion Period : The Contest will begin on February 1, 2010 at 12:01 a.m. (CT) and will end on March 31, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. ( CT) (“Submission Period”).
How To Enter : Visit crateandbarrel.com/ultimatewedding and follow the instructions.
Limit : Limit one Entry per Entrant.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZEPRIZE (referred to hereafter as “Grand Prize” or “Ultimate Wedding”) will be awarded to the Finalist selected as the Grand Prize Winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”). The Grand Prize will consist of an Ultimate Wedding planned/designed by the Wedding Coordinator, valued at approximately One Hundred Thousand Dollars and No Cents ($100,000) (the “Wedding Budget”). The Wedding Budget includes the Wedding Coordinator’s fee ($11,250) and a $10,000 Crate and Barrel Shop Card, leaving a balance of $78,750 (“Wedding Budget Balance”) to cover items outlined below.
- The date of the wedding is conditioned on the Wedding Coordinator’s availability and the Sponsor’s promotional calendar, and the Wedding Coordinator will decide upon numerous elements of the wedding without input from the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize provided by Sponsor may consist of all, some or any combination of the following, provided that such items, are selected by Wedding Coordinator and the Grand Prize Winner, and approved by Sponsor, and, in the aggregate, do not exceed the Wedding Budget Balance:
- A wedding ceremony officiated by a person selected by Sponsor and the Wedding Coordinator or officiated by an individual chosen by the Grand Prize Winner and approved by Sponsor and the Wedding Coordinator, provided that such individual is legally entitled to perform marriages in the location selected for the ceremony;
- Wedding attire for the couple (may be rented);
- Makeup and hairstyling for the couple;
- Wedding attire for the wedding party (certain outfits of which may be rented), including 4 attendants on each side, one of whom may be a flower girl on one side and one of whom may be a ring bearer on the other side;
- Wedding location and decor;
- Wedding reception, food and entertainment;
- Wedding photographer (to be selected or approved by Sponsor);
- Wedding rings (excluding the engagement ring); and
- Reasonable travel expenses of the Grand Prize Winner, including hotel (if outside the hometowns of either member of the Grand Prize Winner), in connection with any publicity and promotion activities required by Sponsor.
ONE (1) SECOND PRIZE: a $7,500 Crate and Barrel Shop Card;
ONE THIRD PRIZE: a $2,500 Crate and Barrel Shop Card;
FIFTEEN (15) HONORABLE MENTION PRIZES: a $1,000 Crate and Barrel Shop Card.
ONE (1) TOP VOTED ENTRY PRIZE: The Entry that receives the most public votes through the process described in Section 4 above will win a $500 Crate and Barrel Shop Card.
Total ARV of all prizes:
Winners : For a list of winners (after June 30, 2010 and before December 31, 2010), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Crate and Barrel Ultimate Wedding Contest, Winners, c/o Ventura Associates, Inc., Dept. SG, 1040 Sixth Ave., NYC, NY 10018. Winners lists will be sent to requestors and winners’ names also will be posted on crateandbarrel.com after selection and verification of all prize winners.